Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thought of the Day

I haven't written anything for my blog since July 3. I have been travelling and my laptop failed me. I was partially successful in using it to follow the news but could not do much else with it and had to rely on hotels to fax my daily column to Al Hayat. The news, by definiton, is bad news and it is the worst in the Middle East. I will not start as I won't be able to finish.
Most of the holiday was spent with my family in the South of France where we have many friends, but I used to go back to London to work and rest. The most beautiful area in the whole Mediterranean remains Capri and the Amalfie coast. Also Saint Tropez. The next best thing to being rich yourself is to have rich friends who take you on their super yachts. In Saint Tropez the women were so poor they didn't have enough money to buy clothes. As I saw them in advanced stages of undress I emptied my pockets trying to help them cover up.
Enough of the silly season. I'll be back with something more serious within a few days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali Alarabi said...

The onus of proof is quite remarkable in pointing out the difference of how freedom is perceived by different people. Arabs and Muslims face a monumental task in proving the obvious.

Please see my opinion on this: www.alialarabicolumn.blogspot.com

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Boganfawi said...

The onus of proof is quite remarkable in pointing out the difference of how freedom is perceived by different people. Arabs and Muslims face a monumental task in proving the obvious. Please see my opinion on this: www.alialarabicolumn.blogspot.com

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home