Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thought of the day

In Davos another day, and in a meeting of media leaders with David Cameron, I asked him a specific question: would you say now that the conservative party will not increase taxes if they win the next general election? His long answer boils down to a clear: No. This means that on a salary of 100,000 pounds a year I’ll pay the top rate of 50% and additional 30,000 pound a year to maintain my status as non-domiciled. In other words, my tax will be 80%, which is exactly the top rate minus the old benefits under Labour when I first came to reside in London in the late seventies. At least, Michael Foot then looked like a mad professor. British politicians today don’t have that look to justify the crazy tax.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home